MinnesotaTechJobs.com was founded in June 2011 by Eric Putkonen, a then 10 year veteran of the recruiting industry. Eric spent most of his time recruiting IT professionals. He had also used most of the job boards out there at one time or another. He saw many things wrong with contemporary job boards:
- Large companies "buying" the job board. He had seen too many job boards where over 80% of the job posts come from less than 15% of the companies buying job posts. Thus drowning out companies who can not buy "unlimited" packages.
- Job boards making companies pay extra to include a recruiting video they already produced in their job posts. It's on YouTube, there is no need to charge extra to include it in job posts.
- Job boards trying to squeeze more money out of companies by making them buy job posts and resume database access as two separate products.
- Job boards making job seekers register in order to apply for a job.
- Job boards making job seekers fill out fields recruiters don't really look at anyway.
- Job boards subjecting job seekers to pop-up advertisements or pass through an advertising page to complete a process. There should be limited banner advertising.
These are just a few of the things Eric saw wrong with contemporary job boards. After much thought, he purchased the domain MinnesotaTechJobs.com and starting working on this board.
You will find there are several things that make MinnesotaTechJobs.com different from any other job board out there...including the following:
- Hyper-niche; only IT & Tech Jobs, only Minnesota.
- Jobseekers and Employers have access to unique search fields:
- Available Telecommute - great if jobseekers are looking for work from home positions.
- Company Type - jobseekers can see just jobs from Direct Employers, IT Consulting Firms, or Staffing Firms.
- Expected Travel (Jobs) & Willing to Travel (Resumes) - determine how much travel in fine increments.
- Job Category - both jobseekers and employers have 10 categories for better differentiation, for example type in Oracle and select "Programmers & SA" or "DB-Data-ERP" to differentiate between an Oracle developer and Oracle DBA.
- Each company may only have 12 active job openings at a time. This will encourage smaller companies to post and so we will have the largest variety of companies represented instead of a handful of large companies ruling the board.
- Community monitored - job seekers and employers can flag inappropriate jobs and resumes (respectively) specifying one of the given flag reasons.
- No backfill or "scraped" positions (populating the site with jobs from other sites). All our positions are from companies posting on us directly.
- Employers have control of their postings and can choose not to have their jobs pushed to others sites.
- Much more!
If you would like to contact MinnesotaTechJobs.com by a means other than our contact web form, please see the below:
Niche Job Boards LLC
5021 Woodland Road
Mound, MN 55364